The Elite Camps Guard Camp is a comprehensive position-specific basketball camp which will only run for one week each summer for each age group. This camp is by tryout only. Athletes will have the opportunity to train solely on guard position focused drills and skills taught by experienced college, university and pro level players and instructors. This camp will expose the athletes to the intricacies of guard position play that will arm them with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful at the next level. Athletes will learn how to become assertive decision makers on the basketball court.
Intermediate to advanced skills only
More About Our Guard Camp
Basketball Skill Clinics
- Multi-Tasking on the court
- Push Dribble & Push Passing
- 1on1 Moves in the Half Court
- 1on1 Moves in Transition
- Daily Speed Agility and Footwork Drills
- 1,2 & 3 Ball Dribbling
- Shooting Form
- Game Shots-Stationary, Off the Pass, Off the Dribble, Quick Release
- Floaters & Runners
- Transition Breakdown
- Ball Screens & Wing Screens
- Penetrate and Kick
- Ball In Air, Feet in Air
- Two Foot Jump Stops
- Game Tempo
- Motion & Spacing
Basketball Playing Component
- 1on1, 2on1, 3on1, 3on2, 5on3 Transition
- 3on3 No Dribble
- Full Court 3on3, 4on4, 5on5
- Half Court – Motion Offense and 4 out 1 in
- 4on4 Continuous Transition
- 4on4 Tournaments
- 5on5 Continuous
- 5 Man Weave – 3on2 Transition
- 1on1 With Help Side Defense and Traps
- Transition- Primary and Secondary Fastbreak
Q: What if I miss my tryout date?
A: Sorry – you will have to wait until next year.
Q: Is there a fee for the tryout?
A: There is no fee for the tryout. There is a camp fee for those athletes chosen and registered.
Q: What should the athlete wear to camp?
A: Athletes should bring a water bottle and wear shorts, t-shirt and basketball shoes.